When choosing construction project management software for your business, it’s often difficult to know exactly what you are getting and how your staff will interact with the software once it’s implemented. Some companies offer trial periods for their software products, but for others the logistics of this can make it impossible to do. Read More...
When it comes to project management software for the AEC industries, we know there are a number different industries all with slightly different requirements of the software they use. Different industries need to concentrate on different aspects of the project management process, and that’s why it’s important that the software project managers use can accommodate the requirements of their particular industry. So here are 6 different industries that IPM is suited for and why: Read More...
A couple of months ago, I posted a blog about how IPM can expand across organisations to fit a number of different departments. Well we’ve also had a few enquiries lately about IPM’s extensibility in terms of different requirements of project management. So I thought I’d share with you a couple of examples of how IPM can be extended to cater for other needs you may have on your project. Read More...
If you happened to be booked on a Qantas flight last Sunday, you would have felt the full effects of the seemingly insignificant ’leap second’. In order to bring electronic clocks back into sync after slight changes in the Earth’s orbit over the past four years, one second was added to the world’s clocks at midnight AEST on Saturday. And the result was chaos for air travellers. The extra second was enough to cause Qantas’s booking system to crash, causing delays of up to an hour for both international and domestic travellers. Read More...
Last year, I posted a blog about Microsoft’s acquisition of Skype, and what that would mean for project managers using Microsoft CRM. Well it seems that the software giant may have even more to offer, with reports appearing in Forbes that Microsoft has also acquired the business social network tool, Yammer, for $1.2 billion. Read More...
Many construction companies can often be mistaken in thinking they don’t need a CRM system to help manage their projects – after all they are in the business of managing projects, not customers. However with developments in CRM technology in recent years, CRM tools are no longer just about contact lists and sales leads. That’s why I’ve put together the following reasons why project managers should be using a CRM tool as well as a project management tool to help manage their projects: Read More...
IPM BlogBlog Home
Click here to subscribe
- SOX Compliance – Is Your Project Costing system up to it?
- Project Management Process - Are QSE (Quality Safety and Environment) Registers Integral?
- Project Manager Tools - will project management software help me manage my projects?
- PM software - flexibility is the key
- The year that was for IPM Project Management
- Versatile project management needs versatile project management software
- Will technology make project management jobs obsolete in a century?
- What is a project management platform?
- Hurricane Sandy leaves devastation behind
- Deeper integration between CRM and Yammer is good news for project managers
- A 360° look at our construction project management software
- IPM launches new project management mobile app
- What is the first application you open to start your work day?
- 5 benefits for users of construction project management software
- May 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (4)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (3)
- July 2012 (4)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (5)
- February 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (3)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (4)
- September 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (4)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (3)
- March 2011 (8)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (5)
- December 2010 (5)
- November 2010 (5)
- July 2010 (1)
- March 2010 (2)
- January 2010 (1)
- November 2009 (1)