Last year, I posted a blog about Microsoft’s acquisition of Skype, and what that would mean for project managers using Microsoft CRM. Well it seems that the software giant may have even more to offer, with reports appearing in Forbes that Microsoft has also acquired the business social network tool, Yammer, for $1.2 billion. Read More...
I’ve often mentioned on this blog how IPM is built on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform, and I’ve given many examples of just why Microsoft CRM is such a solid and reliable platform to build our project management software on. From features like customisable workflows and forms to a central project database, CRM provides many solutions that can not only be used in sales and marketing, but also in project management. Read More...
Beyond Project Management, Marketing and Sales – how Microsoft Dynamics CRM can fit every department
When most people think of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, the words sales and marketing come to mind. It’s true that Microsoft Dynamics CRM is used in many sales and marketing departments to keep track of sales leads, marketing campaigns and accounts and contacts. But it can also be so much more than that. What I’m talking about is the fact that Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a platform; it serves as a base to build things on top of, much like the foundations of a house. Read More...
I found an article this morning about how social media is evolving in organisations to become more than just a marketing tool. Social media is now becoming a part of many departments in big organisations from HR right through to project management. And even smaller companies are jumping on board. So that got me thinking, what are some of the ways you could use social media to manage your projects? Read More...
On a project, documents can be approved, changed, updated and reapproved all the time, often being sent back and forth between multiple people working on a Job. It’s no wonder then that it’s easy to lose track of where a document is at, and who is holding up its progress. Read More...
Many construction companies can often be mistaken in thinking they don’t need a CRM system to help manage their projects – after all they are in the business of managing projects, not customers. However with developments in CRM technology in recent years, CRM tools are no longer just about contact lists and sales leads. That’s why I’ve put together the following reasons why project managers should be using a CRM tool as well as a project management tool to help manage their projects: Read More...
I’ve talked often on this blog about the benefits a Microsoft platform can bring to a project management application. As a product certified for Microsoft Dynamics, IPM has been able to use the Microsoft Dynamics platform to build on and create a useful, well designed project management solution that is suitable for a number of industries. Read More...
Here at IPM we’ve been busy developing a new product in the IPM suite; an integration tool for Oracle Primavera P6. As an additional product in the IPM suite, the integration tool gives you the option of extending your project management capabilities by incorporating features from both systems. Read More...
At the end of last year, I came across a study conducted by Forrester Consulting on The Total Economic Impact of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, which was released in May. Looking closely at the findings, they are impressive. So I thought what better way to kick off the New Year than to highlight just how much benefit using a CRM system for your project management needs can give you. If you’re already using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 with IPM, then rest assured, you’ve made a solid investment. And if you’re not, then perhaps you may have just come across a belated New Year’s resolution? Read More...
We’ve had a very busy year at IPM and here are just some of the standout achievements we are really proud of this year:
- The development and release of IPM 2011 to be compatible with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- The release of the hosted version of IPM
- Signing of new channel partners, Hardhat Technologies and Stenstrom Group
- Attendance at various tradeshows and exhibitions throughout Australia and North America such as Civil Contractors Federation, Major Projects Conferences, CMAA and World of Concrete
- The signing of our new North American clients - this market is still tough, but our North American partners are seeing the enormous benefits that IPM gives them
It has definitely been a whirlwind year of growth for IPM and we are incredibly excited at the possibilities the New Year will bring.
All of the team at IPM wishes you the very best for Christmas and the New Year and I look forward to sharing more blogs with you in 2012. Merry Christmas!
IPM BlogBlog Home
Click here to subscribe
- SOX Compliance – Is Your Project Costing system up to it?
- Project Management Process - Are QSE (Quality Safety and Environment) Registers Integral?
- Project Manager Tools - will project management software help me manage my projects?
- PM software - flexibility is the key
- The year that was for IPM Project Management
- Versatile project management needs versatile project management software
- Will technology make project management jobs obsolete in a century?
- What is a project management platform?
- Hurricane Sandy leaves devastation behind
- Deeper integration between CRM and Yammer is good news for project managers
- A 360° look at our construction project management software
- IPM launches new project management mobile app
- What is the first application you open to start your work day?
- 5 benefits for users of construction project management software
- May 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (4)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (3)
- July 2012 (4)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (5)
- February 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (3)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (4)
- September 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (4)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (3)
- March 2011 (8)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (5)
- December 2010 (5)
- November 2010 (5)
- July 2010 (1)
- March 2010 (2)
- January 2010 (1)
- November 2009 (1)