When it comes to investing in new project management software for your engineering, construction or architecture company, you want to know exactly what benefits it will bring to your business. That’s why I’ve put together 5 ways IPM project management software will benefit your business: Read More...
I found an article this morning about how social media is evolving in organisations to become more than just a marketing tool. Social media is now becoming a part of many departments in big organisations from HR right through to project management. And even smaller companies are jumping on board. So that got me thinking, what are some of the ways you could use social media to manage your projects? Read More...
I’m very pleased to let you know we have recently developed a brand new addition to the IPM Suite called the IPM Mail Manager. As an additional product, the mail manager can extend the capabilities of IPM’s current RFI and RFQ functions, so it works well for both project managers and estimators. Read More...
At the end of last year, I came across a study conducted by Forrester Consulting on The Total Economic Impact of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, which was released in May. Looking closely at the findings, they are impressive. So I thought what better way to kick off the New Year than to highlight just how much benefit using a CRM system for your project management needs can give you. If you’re already using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 with IPM, then rest assured, you’ve made a solid investment. And if you’re not, then perhaps you may have just come across a belated New Year’s resolution? Read More...
But dealing with the huge number of incoming and outgoing emails that are generated by a project every day can test even the most organised project manager. Previously, the answer to this has been to manually sort and file information and communications into separate email folders. But due to the proliferation of email communication these days, the sheer amount of communication means manually filing is just not feasible.
Many project management software products have tried to come up with a solution to this by introducing automatic email filing. But what many products claim to be ‘automatic’ filing is far from it, and often has huge limitations.
That’s why Microsoft Dynamics CRM has developed an automatic email tracking function that is truly automatic, whereby a tracking code is assigned to the subject line of each email. This way all incoming and outgoing emails with the same tracking code are grouped together and stored in the database. And with IPM’s ability to utilise all the features of Dynamics CRM, the email tracking feature is also incredibly useful for project managers, and is unlike anything else currently available to project managers. Here’s why:
1. Email filing is not automatic in other project management software applications. Some other applications do have email filing, but this often means you have to forward the email to a central job email address, so the process is not automatic.
2. Other applications can only file all emails under the Job. Just think of how many emails you may send and receive on one Job, and how difficult it would be to sort through them all to find the one you are looking for.
3. With IPM email tracking, each transaction has a unique code. This means you can click on an RFI for example, and see all the communication related only to that RFI.
Utilising the tools and features available in CRM, IPM can make the process of email tracking for companies in the construction industry easy and automatic.
To find out more about IPM’s automatic email tracking, please contact us.Read More...
One thing that software providers have often been guilty of is making the claim that their particular software can solve any problem encountered on a project. Yes, technology has come a long way and has revolutionised the way our world works, but how far can technology really go to solve our project management problems? Read More...
One of the things that can really unravel a project is a lack of communication between the people working on a particular job. Jobs can have literally hundreds of people working on them from project managers, the project team, architects, right down to all the various subcontractors and their own employees. Ensuring smooth communication between all these people can seem like a massive task, but it doesn’t have to be. Read More...
IPM BlogBlog Home
Click here to subscribe
- SOX Compliance – Is Your Project Costing system up to it?
- Project Management Process - Are QSE (Quality Safety and Environment) Registers Integral?
- Project Manager Tools - will project management software help me manage my projects?
- PM software - flexibility is the key
- The year that was for IPM Project Management
- Versatile project management needs versatile project management software
- Will technology make project management jobs obsolete in a century?
- What is a project management platform?
- Hurricane Sandy leaves devastation behind
- Deeper integration between CRM and Yammer is good news for project managers
- A 360° look at our construction project management software
- IPM launches new project management mobile app
- What is the first application you open to start your work day?
- 5 benefits for users of construction project management software
- May 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (4)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (3)
- July 2012 (4)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (5)
- February 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (3)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (4)
- September 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (4)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (3)
- March 2011 (8)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (5)
- December 2010 (5)
- November 2010 (5)
- July 2010 (1)
- March 2010 (2)
- January 2010 (1)
- November 2009 (1)