Great blog from Mark Smith, one of Microsoft’s knowledgeable MVP’s (Most Valuable Professional). Read More...
OK, so I’d like to clear something up. Some time ago we wrote a White Paper discussing what makes accounting in the construction / engineering sector different to other industries. The conclusion was that there is nothing terribly different about accounting in the AEC sector but it can appear to be different and more difficult due to the complex nature of project costing. And to make it potentially more confusing, add project management into the mix. And this is where usability and a centralised and integrated system become very relevant. Read More...
If you’re looking to simplify complex management systems and make them more manageable, then the answer is yes. You do have to consider integrating quality, safety and environment (QSE) into your company’s main Project Management (PM) process. Read More...
The short answer is yes. Between a stack of paper and powerful software, project managers are definitely better off with Project manager tools. Not all project management tools, however, are created equal. Some are ideal for long-term collaborative projects, while many others lack crucial features that help teams seamlessly work together. Read More...
How many projects have you managed with PM software where the schedule or the budget were completely accurate from the start? When you talk to any experienced project manager they will tell you that no project schedule, budget, or flow is set in stone. Flexibility is a natural part of today's project management world with tight budgets and even tighter time-lines. Read More...
Well, it’s that time of year again and I can’t believe how quickly it’s come around! As I reflect on the year that was, I’m starting to realise just what a busy year it has been for IPM Global. We’ve had some particularly exciting developments with our project management software that have meant it's moving forward at a rapid pace and adapting and changing as we see more potential opportunities opening up. Read More...
2012 is the 40th anniversary of the establishment of the Association of Project Management, and to mark the occasion, APM released this video at the beginning of November showing the history of project management. Interestingly, over the past 40 years project management has had a hand in some of the most interesting and varied inventions and developments we’ve come to consider integral to our day to day lives. Although project management was born out of construction projects, the profession has expanded considerably and is responsible for assisting developments such as space exploration, the iPhone, hybrid cars, film production, ebooks and air travel. Read More...
IPM BlogBlog Home
Click here to subscribe
- IPM Global's Project Management Software receives MVP support.
- SOX Compliance – Is Your Project Costing system up to it?
- Project Management Process - Are QSE (Quality Safety and Environment) Registers Integral?
- Project Manager Tools - will project management software help me manage my projects?
- PM software - flexibility is the key
- The year that was for IPM Project Management
- Versatile project management needs versatile project management software
- Will technology make project management jobs obsolete in a century?
- What is a project management platform?
- Hurricane Sandy leaves devastation behind
- Deeper integration between CRM and Yammer is good news for project managers
- A 360° look at our construction project management software
- IPM launches new project management mobile app
- What is the first application you open to start your work day?
- April 2014 (1)
- May 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (4)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (3)
- July 2012 (4)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (5)
- February 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (3)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (4)
- September 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (4)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (3)
- March 2011 (8)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (5)
- December 2010 (5)
- November 2010 (5)
- July 2010 (1)